Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Lovely Lacey Chabert

Tonight was the premiere for "In My Sleep" at the Arclight Theathre on Sunset. Lacey Chabert from "Party of Five" was the biggest name in the cast and collectors were all eager for her arrival as she's not seen out in Hollywood very often. I was one of the first two people who spotted Chabert coming into the premiere and she told us that she would sign everything but had to make a phone call first. By the time she was off the call, several other collectors had noticed and Chabert was now encircled with photos of all shapes and sizes thrust in front of her. In the chaos I still able to get Lacey to autograph three photos. She told us that she had to get to the red carpet but would sign afterwards. I posed for a quick photo with her, as did two other collectors. On the red carpet Alexandra Paul, most famously known as one of the lifeguards from "Baywatch", signed a bunch of photographs for prepared collectors. After a few minutes, true to her word, Lacey made her way to us and began to sign a bunch of autographs. I was fortunate to snag four more autographs on photos, before she was whisked off into the premiere. About five minutes later, I was in the parking garage when I noticed Lacey heading towards her car. There were only four of us and Lacey said that she was in a rush and had to leave but she would sign one each for us. Laughing and joking with us, I told her I only had one more and she obliged by signing a second one. So it was a great night, with a total of 9 Lacey Chabert signatures for those keeping score. After that I called it a successful night and decided to forgo the after party.

Phillip Winchester of the short-lived "Crusoe" television show also signed for me on his way into the premiere. I was also able to secure a signature from the very friendly Doug Jones, best known for his work in horror and sci-fi films. With the aid of lots of makeup and prosthetics, Jones often portrays scary creatures but there is nothing scary about him when it comes to how he treats his fans. Jones willingly autographed an index card for me. Character actress Beth Grant also signed and posed for a photo with me. Socialite Phoebe Price also graciously autographed an index card for me and signed around 20 photos for another collector.

No comments:

Post a Comment