Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Russell Crowe Goes Above and Beyond the Call of Duty!

Russell Crowe appeared on a late night talk show here in Los Angeles so it was a good opportunity to go after his autograph. On the way in, Crowe's SUV drove past the 10 or so of us waiting for him. So we were left with having to wait until after the taping for another shot at obtaining Crowe's signature. The weather also was not cooperating, as it began pouring rain just before the show let out. The number of people waiting also grew quickly numbering in the 20's, 30's and then in the 40's in just a matter of a few minutes. The studio audience let out before Crowe departed so this only added even more people to the already large crowd. A security guard came over to the crowd, saying that Crowe would sign one each, so to get in one line and we would be allowed to approach him one at a time. With over 75 people now waiting, Crowe's SUV soon made it's way out of the gate and pulled over towards us. I was the first one in line so I made my way up to Crowe, greeted him and asked if he would please sign my "Cinderella Man" photograph. Crowe said, "I'm just going to sign one." I replied that was fine as that's all I was asking for. He took my blue Sharpie, signed the photo nicely and told me, "Cheers!" as I was walking away. I must say that Russell Crowe spent a lot of time with each person, also posing for pictures with those who asked. Since I was the first person who got his autograph and the sheer number of people in the crowd, I figured that I would be able to sneak back in line for another autograph. I stood at the end of the line and 5 or 6 other collectors eventually ended up going back for seconds as well. This time around I also had Crowe autograph a still from "Cinderella Man", which he did just as nicely as the first time around. I also got a photo with Crowe at this time. Not many celebrities would take the time to stop for a crowd of this size so credit needs to be given to Crowe for taking the time to sign so many autographs and pose for so many photos with fans. Crowe received his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame earlier this morning and at that ceremony he only signed a total of seven autographs. He also is and has been known as a difficult autograph to obtain for several years now which makes today's success all that much more sweeter!

No comments:

Post a Comment