Saturday, April 17, 2010

Children Mending Hearts Host 3rd Annual “Peace Please” Gala

Children Mending Hearts hosted the 3rd annual “Peace Please” Gala on Friday, April 16, 2010 at the Music Box Theatre in Hollywood tonight. Boasting an advance guest list of Ben Affleck and Jimmy Kimmel, this had the potential to be a high profile event. I missed the arrivals but other collectors told me that Alyssa Milano and Rosario Dawson were the best "names" that signed going in. "Everybody Loves Raymond" star Patricia Heaton signed an index card for me as she left. Tate Donovan had told collectors on the way in that he would sign when he left and he kept his promise. Donovan signed everything put in front of him and I was able to get two photographs and an index card autographed. Tate even joked about a photo I had from his former hit show "The O.C." Donovan's "Jimmy Cooper" was holding a bottle of wine, while standing next to tv daughter "Marisa Cooper", played by Mischa Barton. "Look, I'm trying to get my daughter to drink wine," he quipped. Sharon Lawrence always is pleasant and signs for collectors and this evening was no exception. Lawrence took my blue Sharpie marker and signed a photo for me. Hockey Hall of Famer Luc Robatille also signed for us and I was able to get a signed photograph of him as a member of the Detroit Red Wings. Robitaille also autographed an index card for me. Steven Weber signed a photo for me but unfortunately autographed the photo in a dark area. Since it was difficult to see, I asked if he could resign the photo in a lighter, more visible area, which he obliged. Recent "Dancing With The Stars" castoff Aiden Turner showed up late and happily signed an index card. He has a gorgeous autograph with is extremely legible and contains every single letter in his name. Turner truly has one of the best-looking autographs you will ever see. "True Blood's" Sam Trammell started to leave through the front doors, spotted several collectors and then had second thoughts. Trammell left through a side door instead so we ran over to the exit to get him. Unfortunately, Trammell did not stop and sign for collectors. Unfortunately, we did not see some of the attendees leave. This included some of the bigger names including Ben Affleck, Elizabeth Berkley or Alyssa Milano who apparently exited through the side door as well. Just as I was getting ready to leave, I spotted "Spin City" actor Richard Kind and called over to him. He came over and signed an index card for me. It was funny as he was eating corn on the cob and apologized when he handed my Sharpie back that it was "buttery."


No comments:

Post a Comment