Sunday, April 11, 2010

2nd Annual STREAMY Awards

This evening I went to the STREAMY Awards held downtown Los Angeles at the Orpheum Theatre. I only went for departures, so I was without the benefit of knowing exactly who had showed up to the event. The only thing that I did know was that scheduled attendee Keanu Reeves had cancelled his appearance.

Patrick Duffy of "Dallas" was the first celebrity I saw leaving. He willingly signed for collectors, joking that once he signed their photos that they would be worthless. Duffy signed an index card for me. Kevin Pollak also signed a photograph for me, even asking what film it was from. It was a still from his recent release "Cop Out." Robert Englund, who has played Freddy Krueger in every installment of the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise, except the upcoming film, signed for collectors on the way out. He was rushed, signing one of two for each collector, but I still was able to get my photograph autographed by this horror legend. Englund is a regular on the horror convention circuit, so it's surprising that someone of his stature is even still signing free autographs! He even took the time to draw and sign a "Freddy" sketch for one collector who asked.

Autumn Reeser's most high-profile gig to date has been her turn as Taylor Townsend, Ryan Atwood's love interest on "The O.C." after Mischa Barton's character was killed off. Reeser signed for collectors but told one collector that she did not like signing a particular scantily-clad photo. Of course this is a photo that the dealers always get signed, as the nudes and semi-nude photographs are ones that sell best on the secondary market. The female collector responded that the lingerie photo was the only one she had, so Reeser said that she would sign one of these sexy shots for each collector. Reeser also quipped, "There are already enough of those out there." I had one of these lingerie photos that I got autographed. Autumn did prefer the tamer shots, remarking, "Ooh! I like that one" about one of my photos. I was able to get three photos total signed by Reeser.

No comments:

Post a Comment